Project DIY: My Wedding Invitations

Leave a Comment
So my big day is just 2 months away and I hadn't sent out my invites yet. (cries at a corner). Anyway, it's all because I hadn't finished doing them.

Why on earth was I doing it myself, you ask? Because I'm a bridezilla who wants to get married cheap. And going cheap meant cutting costs. So I needed to make my own invites to save. Also, I think I couldn't get a cheaper price for having a customized wedding invites. So I needed to innovate.

**Enter my inner DIYer**

Here's the materials I used:

- Cardboard paper in silver (I wanted light gray but can't find any)
- Sinamay in pink
- Jute
- hot glue (forgot to include in the pic)
- pictures
- free online watercolor flowers (used for the accents on the invitation pages)
- photo editor (I used photoscape)



1. Search for nice wedding invitation wordings. Add flower accents to prettify my invites. Print and cut to 4.2" in width.

2.  On a cardboard paper, I placed one page of my invitation to get the correct measurement of where I will be doing the folds. Measurement (approximately): 2.2" x 4.2" x 2.2". Crease using whatever tool you have. In my case I had to improvise since I don't know where to buy a bone folder.

3. I added the jute and sinamay accents along with my chosen save the date photo.

4. Assemble the pages and glue them on the invitation cover.



*Here are more invitation ideas I thought of before I was able to finally make up my mind. :)


Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment