Trial Version: Exploding Box

Leave a Comment
I found this unique scrapbooking idea on the internet while I was looking for great DIY scrapbooking gifts for my hubby. I tried to recreate it and was successful. After this first attempt, I am planning to reinvent it and make it more my style. Check out my trial version of the Exploding Box.


When closed it will look like the first picture above. But when you take off the lid the box will open into four different sections with 2 flippable pages.


 Steps:
I cut out 4 squares with different measurements (sorry I forgot to record the exact measurement I used since this was just a trial version). Make sure that the inner boxes will be a few centimeters smaller than the outer boxes. The lid must be slightly bigger than the whole box.

I used double sided tape to paste the boxes together since it's not as messy as glue. You place the smaller box on the of the larger box. You can opt to have as many boxes as you like. Just make sure to measure them correctly so that it will all fit.


When you are done putting the boxes together you can work on the lid. That should be just as easy as putting the boxes together.

When you are done you can prettify it with other scrapbooking materials or photos. I suggest you use thicker paper to make your box sturdier.

You can also check this tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELs-4SfcHVE or http://glitteradventure.blogspot.com/2006/11/exploding-box-class.html

Enjoy the project and post your finished projects in the comments or share some links. :)

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment