Picture Frame from a Magazine

Leave a Comment
Here is a project that I have been thinking of doing and finally did. I first had the idea when I was going through my pile of old magazines to use for my scrapbooking. I only need them for some cute cutouts and wordings I can use for the scrapbook. Then it hit me! What if I take a whole magazine and turn it into a picture frame.

And here it is. Not only do I save money on buying a new picture frame, I am also able to reuse my junk of old magazines. Now I don't have to worry about space and trash!

Materials:
Old Magazine
Ruler
Cutter
Adhesive

Take out an old magazine. Don't worry if your magazine is not very thick (120 pages will do). Divide the pages into two segments -- (1) pages you will cut through and (2) pages that will serve as your back paneling.

The back paneling doesn't necessarily need to be very thick for your frame to be sturdy because once you glue all the pages together, it'll be sturdy enough.

Start cutting!
I cut out the desired windows for my pictures using a sharp cutter. I don't have exact measurements, I just kinda eyeballed it. But if you want it really clean you can have measurements.
 
You can see the rest of the magazine are not cut throughout because they will serve as the back panels of my frame.

I added the photos into the frame and patiently glued the pages together.

I did not finish gluing the front pages yet because I intend to use spray paint to cover the undesired writings on the magazine.

It is advisable to paint or cover the front of the picture frame because if you leave it as is, the writings on the magazine will steal the focus away from your photos. You can play with colors and embellishments but make sure to keep the spotlight towards your photos.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment